Believe in Your Kid pt. 2

Tremors here.  Part of a parent’s job is to stand by their kid--no matter what.  They are suppose to pick up their kid when they fall down, make sure they are safe, stand by them when they are in need.  My parents were put to the test a few years ago.  (That’s putting it lightly)  I started having muscle spasms on my left side, and one day I fell off my lab chair at school.  I mean that was just a fantastic day in physics.  My parents were worried that I lost consciousness since I did not remember falling during class.  I could tell you what happened I was doing during the lab.  One minute I was on the chair, and the next I was on the floor.  I was taken to the ER and then I was taken via ambulance to another hospital.  I then spent a weekend connected to various wires and machines.  My parents and I were then told that I was making everything up and that it was all in my head.  Overall, it was a great weekend.  I was sent to a psychiatrist.  I fought my parents every step of the way.  I would refuse to talk to the man, and tell him that meditating would not help me stop spasming. I could not even meditate right.  It is actually is really hard to sit still when you cannot keep half of your body still.  My parents stood by me and took me for a second opinion.  The doctor took one look at me, and diagnosed me.  My parents stood by me through my diagnosis, but that was only the start.  The next step was treatment.  I was given anti seizure medications that worked for a short amount of time.  At that point I thought that I would be living with the spasms forever.  I did not remember how it was to be able to sit still.  Through this, my parents stood by me.  They took me to appointments, and when there was a possible treatment, fought.  We went through insurance review, after insurance review to try to get IVIG treatment approved.  It came back that there was “no proof,” or that it was “experimental.”  My parents still fought, and when it was finally approved, we celebrated.  Now, my mother stands by me every five weeks while I receive treatment.  My parents believed in me enough to stand by me.  They believed that there was something medically wrong with me, and fought.  Parents should stand by their child and believe in them.  

WE BELIEVE IN YOU!

Nemo and Tremors

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"WHY WOULD I WANT TO DATE YOU?"

Things Professors Have Said...

Service Dog and Medical Leave