A Brief Life Update

First off, we know we have been radio silent for an extended period of time.  We apologize, but in our 
defense we were trying to survive college.  Add in a handful of medical problems, clinicals, 
(attempting to have a) social life, and it gets busy.  We are proud to report that our hard work during our 
absence paid off. We are now both college graduates, we have a year until we get our master’s degrees,
 and we are both at the moment doing as well as we can do medically.  All in all, we are pretty happy with
 where we are in our lives at the moment and decided that in our newly discovered free time we could 
start up the blog. 

    A brief update on Nemo: It’s been a busy year.  I have been through 12 surgeries in the past year 
(mostly occurring between August-December of 2018) in order to place a feeding tube for gastroparesis.  
Long story short, I now have a J-tube and receive medications and the majority of my food via J-tube. 
If you are wondering why so many surgeries, I had around 10 or so failed GJ-tubes that would flipped into
 my stomach.  I have been able to travel to meet Abe’s trainers, which a great experience for both of us. 
 With that, I was also able to travel as a tubie, which let me tell you is an experience.
    A brief update on Tremors: This year has tested both of us, and I’m very glad we got past it. 
 I have been pretty stable medically, however I have been going through testing for chronic hive for the 
past few months.  So, who knows what the cause of those are… On the plus side, life decided to throw 
me a bone and my hair has started to return to the point where I may be able to have a pixie cut within 
the next few weeks.  I still have my infusions every 5 weeks, so thankfully that is still working.
    A brief update on Secret Agent Puppy: He’s a college graduate like the rest of us!  Honestly, this
 dog has more than earned his degree, and yes he did walk at graduation (his name was called too).  
He’s been doing well and is loving life as a service dog. He is still our mascot for basically everything. 

    Now, we know that this is a brief overview of our last year.  But don’t worry, we will go more in depth 
over time in our blog posts.  We can’t wait for you to hear all about our lives and we hope you enjoy our 
posts!

Remember,
WE BELIEVE IN YOU!

-Nemo, Tremors & Secret Agent Puppy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"WHY WOULD I WANT TO DATE YOU?"

Things Professors Have Said...

Service Dog and Medical Leave