Stand Up and Fight

This last month has been one of the craziest and busiest medical months in my entire life. I was in the emergency room four times, and out of that was hospitalized twice. I was started on six new medications, all of which have side effects. Even with this, I was able to spend my birthday at Universal seeing the Simpsons, and Harry Potter world, IT WAS AMAZING!!!
The reason that I (Nemo) thought that this post was so important is because it puts being in the hospital into perspective. The reason that I am willing to go through so many different treatments and be put on new drugs all with a myriad of side effects is because I want to be able to live my life. It is important to fight for yourself and your life. Yes, medical appointment are important but they should never be the only thing in your life.
Upon leaving the hospital I knew that I would most likely have to return. While in LA I went to universal two days in a row, both days pushing my body until it could no longer function. The next day I went and saw one of my best friend and we had an amazing day. Our service dogs played all day, and we got to hang out. I can honestly say that it was the best week of the year hands down, and none of it would have happened had I not made the choice to leave the hospital.
Chronic means that a condition will never leave, I am always going to be sick, I will always need new medications, and I will always need to be watched my doctors. This means that I will always be in and out of the hospital. The reality is that the hospital is not going anywhere and it is just as important for my health that I stay involved and excited about life, because without that what am I fighting for.

Anybody who is struggling in the hospital remember to have some fun and know

WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!



Nemo, Tremors, and Secret Agent Puppy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"WHY WOULD I WANT TO DATE YOU?"

Things Professors Have Said...

Service Dog and Medical Leave